- Make A Payment
- Ask Us
- Fraud/Security for Deposits
24th & Spring, inside County Market
The Teller Supervisor is responsible for the day to day supervising, training, and developing of tellers; and serves as the key contact person for tellers to assist them in resolving teller transactions, balancing issues, and cash outages.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises, trains, and develops tellers to perform teller duties; and ensures they are operating effectively & efficiently to meet goals
- Serves as the contact person for tellers to handle and resolve customer/teller transactions and balancing issues, and cash outages
- Oversees and manages the cash vault; and orders and ships money
- Executes financial transactions in accordance with bank policies and procedures while maintaining an acceptable record in daily drawer balancing
- Researches and resolves account service inquiries/ issues; responds to client inquires promptly and effectively; and serves as a customer liaison between departments as necessary
- Stays abreast of existing products and proactively builds client relationships by effectively educating them on available products and services and referring what best meet the customers' needs
- Adheres to operational controls, including legal, corporate, and regulatory procedures to ensure the safety and security of customer and bank assets
- Assists in driving efforts in the branch to identify and implement a positive overall customer experience
- Other duties as assigned by management
Education & Work Experience Requirements
A high school diploma or GED equivalent is required; an Associate degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred. 3-5 years bank teller experience is required with a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory and/or training role.
Mental & Physical Requirements
Ability to stand for extended periods of time, occasional bending, kneeling, and squatting. Ability to lift 5 lbs. consistently and 30 lbs. occasionally. Ability to work under high pressure and remain composed, developed interpersonal abilities, strong communication skills.
Solid understanding of banking principles and regulations; knowledge of teller functions and equipment, money handling, strong oral & written communication, customer service, analysis &problem solving skills; strong knowledge base of supervisory practices, basic computer skills. Attention to detail is critical.
Equal Opportunity Employer – State Street Bank offers equal employment opportunities, regardless of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability or military status. This commitment is applied to every facet of employment, including recruiting, training, transfers, compensation, promotions and other terms and conditions of employment.