Where you bank matters. Choosing to bank with a Community Bank like, State Street Bank means you are choosing to reinvest back into your community.
Unlike megabanks or online banks that may take deposits in one state/community and lend in others, Community banks keep funds in the community where our customers live and work.
As a financial service provider with deep community ties, we apply our local knowledge and financial expertise to help the citizens of our community reach their financial goals while supporting important causes that strengthen the local economy. Collectively, community banks make more than 60% of small-business loans and more than 80% of agriculture loans and contribute tax dollars that help maintain local municipalities. Community banks:
- Are favored by small businesses, earning a 76% satisfaction score compared to 62% for large banks, 46% for finance companies, and 39% for online lenders.
- Are committed lenders with loan growth that has outpaced noncommunity banks for a decade.
- Demonstrate safety and soundness with higher capital ratios and better loan quality than the largest institutions.
- Offer high-touch, high-tech service. This gives consumers access to modern-day conveniences and technical capabilities while maintaining the personal service for which community banks are known.
- Have a track record in helping underserved Americans by providing greater flexibility to low-income and minority borrowers. Community banks serve 93% of majority-minority communities and 96% of low-income designated counties.
- In fact, community banks made 60% of total Paycheck Protection Program loans to small businesses and provided 72% of PPP loans to minority business owners that reported such data.
- Give back to their communities. Community Banks and their employees support and donate their time and other resources to organizations in our community.
As a proud Community Bank, we embrace and take pride in our role as a financial steward, tailoring to the unique financing needs of our customers and ensuring satisfied, life-long customers.
We are all in this together! Community Banks like State Street Bank are only successful if our customers and communities are, too. We know what it takes to create thriving local economies. Join us in helping to build a more sustainable, vibrant economy here at home.
April is Community Banking Month, and we want to thank our customers for trusting us for their banking needs. For our neighbors who may be considering a switch, we invite you to look at State Street Bank to discover how we can be your financial partner.