- Make A Payment
- Ask Us
- Fraud/Security for Deposits
Snap, Tap & Go!
Save a trip to the bank with Mobile Deposit. This convenient service is quick, secure and easy to use. With your smartphone, making deposits to your checking account is a snap. It is the perfect product for busy people on the go!
How to Use Mobile Deposit
Tell your check to say cheese!Snap, tap, and deposit! That's better!
- Deposit checks anywhere, anytime using your smartphone within the State Street Bank mobile banking app
- Mobile Deposit has a daily limit of $10,000
- Checks must be endorsed with “For Mobile Deposit Only”
- Deposits made before 4:00 pm CST will be considered as received that same business day
- Funds are subject to Next Day Availability
- Retain check for at least 30 days.
- Check your email for deposit confirmation
How To Enroll:
Log into your State Street Bank mobile app and activate mobile deposit under the Deposits menu.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit allows you to deposit checks through the State Street Bank mobile banking app by using the camera on your smartphone or iPad.
- How do I enroll in Mobile Deposit?
Log into your State Street Bank mobile app to activate mobile deposit under the Deposits menu.
- I am a new customer to SSB, am I eligible for mobile deposit?
Yes, you are eligible right away.
- What are the requirements for Mobile Deposit?
- You must have a checking account with State Street Bank
- Your checking account must be in good standing. Please view our Terms & Conditions for eligibility requirements.
- You must have a valid email address on file with the bank
- You must be enrolled in digital banking
- You must use an iPhone, iPad or Android Smartphone to use Mobile Deposit
- What accounts can I deposit into?
You may only make mobile deposits into checking and savings accounts.
- How do I endorse the check?
Each check must be endorsed with: For Mobile Deposit Only, on the top line. All other endorsements will be rejected.
- Is there a limit to the number of checks or the dollar amount I can deposit?
You may deposit as many checks as you like, but the total deposit amount you can deposit in one business day is $10,000.
- What types of checks can be processed through Mobile Deposit?
Personal and business U.S. checks can be processed through Mobile Deposit. Checks from Canada and other foreign countries, savings bonds, two party checks, and poor image quality checks must be deposited at the bank.
- I made a deposit today but it is not posted on my account. Why?
Deposits made through mobile deposit are not posted to your account until after 7:00 pm of that business day. Funds are not immediately available and are subject to next-day funds availability. If the deposit is made after 4:00 pm then the deposit will post on the next business day after 7:00 pm.
- When will deposits be credited to my account?
Checks deposited before 4:00 p.m. (CST) on a business day will be credited after 7:00 pm. Mobile deposits are subject to Next Day Funds availability.
- Will I receive a confirmation that my deposit was made?
You will receive an email confirmation stating your deposit was successful. Please keep for your records until you verify your deposit in your account.
- How do I prevent checks from being scanned and deposited twice?
The software has built-in duplicate detection tools that usually detect items already deposited. If the software detects potential duplicate checks, an alert prompts you to make a decision about the items in question. We also recommend writing "Mobile Deposited" and the date on the front of your check for your reference.
- Are there fees for using Mobile Deposit?
SSB provides Mobile Deposit for free. However, other fees, such as those for returned item or overdrafts, per item charges, and mobile carrier fees, may still apply.
- How do I View the Status of a Mobile Deposit?
- Log into the State Street Bank digital banking app
- Select Deposit Checks from the menu
- Select Recent Activity
- How long should I keep a mobile deposit check?
Do NOT destroy or throw away the check immediately after deposit, checks can be rejected after deposit through the mobile app for various reasons and may be required to deposit again. We recommend to keep the check for at least 30 days.