- Ask Us
- Fraud/Security for Deposits
Full-Time, 801 State Street
The Loan Processor is responsible for receiving and processing new loan submissions; and for providing daily administrative support to the Lender; including ordering required documents necessary to process loans, documentation preparation, maintaining the loan file, and coordinating the closing of the loan within a specified time frame.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares accurate consumer and commercial loan documents in a timely manner
- Handles internal and external customer inquiries, questions, and/or concerns in a professional manner
- Orders the required documents (such as titles, appraisals, loan disclosures, obtains payoffs & releases, credit reports, required certificates & insurance) necessary to complete the loan file
- Previews loan files for completeness, accuracy, and ensures they are within compliance standards
- Processes loan files for closing and/or mails the adverse action notices to borrowers as requested by the lenders
- Schedules loan closings for lenders as requested
- Ensures documentation is maintained by performing file maintenance on a routine basis
- Provides weekly and monthly reports to Lenders and senior management as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education & Work Experience Requirements
A Bachelor degree in economics, finance, or related field is preferred, along with a minimum of 2 year experience in banking, AND at least 1-2 year experience performing loan processing functions is preferred
Mental & Physical Requirements
Ability to sit/stand/kneel/bend/for extended periods of time, lift up to 20 lbs on occasion, ability to analyze and resolve problems, possess strong time management skills, strong communication skills, attention to detail is critical
Possess proficiency with Microsoft Office products, proficiency with LaserPro is preferred but not required, strong oral and written communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer – State Street Bank offers equal employment opportunities, regardless of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability or military status. This commitment is applied to every facet of employment, including recruiting, training, transfers, compensation, promotions and other terms and conditions of employment.