- Make A Payment
- Ask Us
- Fraud/Security for Deposits
The Bookkeeper is responsible for accurately recording day-to-day financial transactions of the bank; and for providing customer service to customer inquiries and concerns regarding their checkbooks, debit cards, and non-sufficient funds charges.
Monday - Friday day 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs check back on new DDA accounts, file maintenance, stop payments, and large ACH accounts
- Assists customers in balancing checkbooks and assists in reaching resolution to customer concerns
- Reviews/records customer requests for stop payments and refunds on non-sufficient funds charges once approved by the VP-Cashier
- Provides Netteller and debit card assistance to customer inquiries; and activates and uploads approved temporary debit cards
- Balances the non-sufficient funds report and prepares Fed return file
- Checks back stops suspect report; and develops unposted reports
- Reviews statements ledger holds
- Balances cashiers’ checks; works closely with the loan department in contacting customers for dated cashiers’ checks
- Reviews large item endorsements; verifies endorsements on official checks; and ensures appropriate signatures are on checks
- Verifies incoming wires, and sends outgoing wires following bank standard operating procedures
- Processes adjustments, E-statements, and unauthorized ACH/drafts
- Performs duties of other department staff and switchboard when requested
- Processes outgoing department mail and presort
- Processes federal chargebacks & Candian/collections
- Assists with social security SSA 4641 requests
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education & Work Experience Requirements
A high school diploma or equivalent is required; knowledge of bookkeeping and/or accounting techniques and procedures is preferred. A minimum of 2 years of bookkeeping experience is required.
Mental & Physical Requirements
Ability to sit for extended periods of time viewing a computer screen, ability to bend and kneel on occasion, ability to lift 20 lbs on occasion, ability to work independently, possess a high level of accuracy, ability to meet deadlines, good oral and written communication skills, and have the ability to interact with and maintain positive relationships with members in all departments.
Basic knowledge of bank operations and compliance, basic principles of accounting, and computer proficiency
Equal Opportunity Employer – State Street Bank offers equal employment opportunities, regardless of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability or military status. This commitment is applied to every facet of employment, including recruiting, training, transfers, compensation, promotions and other terms and conditions of employment.