- Make A Payment
- Ask Us
- Fraud/Security for Deposits
Better Interest Checking
Earn 2.00% APY
Make the most of your money with a Better Interest Checking account. This account pays you 2.00% APY1 each month on balances up to $10,000 just for doing every day banking. Plus, earn up to $20 in ATM fee refunds per month2, all at no cost to you. You work hard for your money and you should have a checking account that works hard for you.
- 2.00% APY1 on balances up to $10,000
- Up to $20 monthly nationwide ATM Refunds2
- No minimum balance
- No monthly fees
- Have at least 10 Debit Card purchases (excluding ATM transactions) post and settle per qualification cycle
- Receive eStatements each qualification cycle3
- Have at least 1 Direct Deposit or ACH Auto Debit post and settle per qualification cycle
1Annual Percentage Yield (APY) accurate as of April 1, 2020. Minimum to open account is $100. Rate tiers are as follows: 2.00% APY applies to balances of $.01 - $10,000 and .25% APY applies to balances over $10,000 as long as qualifications are met each statement cycle. 0.05% APY applies to all balances if qualifications are not met. All balances will earn 2.00% - .25% APY as long as qualifications are met.
2ATM fee refunds up to $20 per cycle when qualifications are met. If you do not meet the qualifications per cycle, your account will still function as a free checking account and earn interest at the non-qualifying rate; however, it will not receive ATM refunds. Qualifications are as follows: 1) Have at least 10 Debit Card purchases (excluding ATM transactions)
post and settle per qualification cycle, 2) Receive eStatements each qualification cycle, and 3) Have at least 1 Direct Deposit or ACH Auto Debit post and settle per
3If after 60 days, we have not received verification that you are able to access and open your eStatement, your account may be changed to Simply Checking. Rates may change after the account is opened. No minimum balance required. No
monthly service charge. Available to personal accounts only, only one account per social security number. Certain restrictions may apply.
- What do I have to do to earn the high interest rate?
- Have 10 debit card transactions post and settle per qualification cycle (excluding ATM withdrawals)
- Have One Direct Deposit or one ACH debit post and settle per qualification cycle
- Receive electronic statement each qualification cycle
- What happens if I don’t meet the qualifications one month?
If there's a month you don't meet the qualifications, don't worry, there's no penalty and you still have a free checking account that earns a base interest. Plus, the next month you qualify you'll be back to earning interest and receiving ATM fee refunds (up to $20 per cycle).
- How will I know if I meet the qualifications?
There will be a message on your monthly statement stating if you have qualified or not.
- Is Better Interest Checking Insured?
Yes. Better Interest Checking is fully backed by the FDIC.
- Is this too good to be true?
Not in the least! You qualify each cycle when you do things like: using your debit card, receiving eStatements, and making an automatic payment or direct deposit. These activities help State Street Bank save money, which we pass along to you.
- Is there a minimum balance?
No! That's one of the many great benefits of Better Interest Checking.
- Do I still get checks with this account?
Yes, you can still get and use checks as you would with any checking account. After opening your Better Interest Checking account, contact Better Banks for details on ordering your checks.
- Will I be reimbursed for my ATM transactions after each withdrawal or at the end of the cycle?
Your nationwide ATM fee refunds (up to $20) occur at the end of each statement cycle when qualifications are met.