Access your account information and make transactions from your mobile phone or iPad. SSB Mobile Banking offers security and convenience at your fingertips. Signing up is easy, and it's FREE!*
Go to StateStreetBank.com on your mobile phone to access mobile banking or download our Android, iPhone or iPad App today!
- Free* service to online banking customers
- View account history & transactions
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Pay bills to existing payees
- View alerts
- View locations
- Accessible 24/7
- Android, iPhone & iPad App available
- Safe and secure
Mobile Text Banking
- Free* service to online banking customers
- Receive balances
- View last four transactions
- Available on any phone that can send and receive text messages
*Connectivity, usage rates and standard text messaging fees may apply. Contact your wireless service provider for more details.
- Enroll In Mobile Banking
2 Easy ways to Enroll:
Enroll through your mobile phone or our App
- Go to StateStreetBank.com on your mobile phone (either download the app or select "Access Mobile Banking")
- Enter your current online banking ID and Password.**
- Accept terms and conditions. Click Next to continue.
- Complete the Self-Enrollment page and click Enroll Now
Enroll through your Online Banking
- Log in to Online Banking
- Select Options > Mobile Settings > Web Mobile Banking
- Select Enable Web Access for your mobile device
- Select to receive/ not receive text message alerts
- Enter the mobile phone number
- Select wireless provider
- Select account(s) to access via your mobile device
- Select "Submit"
- Review information
- Select "Confirm"
**Your Online Banking account must be active and not locked to access mobile banking. For your security you cannot change your password or ID within Mobile Banking. To make account changes please log into your Online Banking.
- Enroll in Text Banking
- Log in to Online Banking.
- Select Options > Mobile Settings > Text Mobile Banking.
- Enter mobile phone number, select mobile carrier then select accounts for Text Banking access.
- Create mobile short name for each selected account. Click "Submit."
- Review enrollment information. Check "I accept these full terms and conditions" and click "Confirm."
- Reply "YES" to the text you receive on your mobile to activate the service.
- A confirmation text message will be sent indicating enrollment is complete.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the restrictions on the type of mobile devices that can be used to access accounts?
A. Mobile Banking works with any web-enabled mobile phone device whose network allows secure SSL traffic. iPhone and Android phones will see the smartphone view while all other phones will see the classic view.
Q. What functions can I perform from my mobile device?
A. You can:
- View Transaction History
- View Account Balances
- Transfer Funds between accounts
- Pay Bills to existing Payees
- View Alerts
Q. How do I know if my transfer or bill payment was entered successfully?
A. If you have selected to receive text alerts, each time you make a transfer or bill payment, a confirmation SMS Text Message is sent to your mobile device. If you do not receive a confirmation text message, double check to make sure the transaction went through via traditional NetTeller.
Q. What if I no longer want to be a mobile user?
A. Log in to your online banking > Select Options > Mobile Settings > De-select Activate Mobile Banking Access > Click Agree.
Q. What happens if I lose my mobile device?
A. Since your account data is not stored on your mobile device, your information cannot be stolen. To be safe you will want to deactivate your mobile banking within online banking. When you replace your device, simply reactive Mobile banking and edit your Mobile Settings and make any changes to the Wireless Provider and/or Phone Number.
Q. Why can't I add a new payee?
A. For security purposes functionality is limited to sending payments to already established payees. To add a new payee, log in to the online banking site, select Bill Payment, and add a new payee. You can then submit payments to that payee via your mobile device.
Q. What happens if I lose communication/signal during a transaction?
A. If you have selected to receive text alerts you will receive an SMS Text Message as confirmation that the transaction was successful. If you do not receive this message due to a dropped call or lost signal, check your accounts and re-submit any transactions that did not process.
Q. How can I search for a transaction?
A. You will only be able to view 15 days' worth of transaction history on your mobile device. There is not a search feature.
Q. Can I use any mobile device to access my accounts?
A. Yes. You can access your accounts via any mobile device that is web-enabled and allows secure SSL traffic. The only difference is that SMS text messages will be sent to the phone number entered when enrolling for mobile banking, not necessarily the device from which you perform a transaction.
Q. How do I delete a Bill Payment that I set up through my mobile device?
A. You must log in to your internet Banking account and delete the payment from the main menu of the Bill Pay section.
Q. When I try to enter an amount for a bill payment or transfer, I can't enter any numbers, only letters. Why?
A. Check your phone's settings to make sure you don't have Alpha-only enabled on the keypad.
Q. What do I need to do if I get a new phone?
A. If you simply get a new phone but keep the same phone number and provider, no changes on your part are necessary. If you switch providers and/or phone numbers, log in to your online banking account via the Internet and update your information on the Options > Mobile Settings page. You will not receive SMS Text Messages regarding Mobile Banking transactions if your phone number is not correct.
Q. What if I can't get my mobile device to work with Mobile Banking?
A. There are a number of reasons that you may experience trouble accessing mobile banking on your phone. To use the mobile version, your phone needs to meet the following minimum requirements:
1. Your mobile device must be web enabled.
2. Your mobile network must allow secure SSL traffic. (You may need to contact your mobile provider to determine this.)
Q. How do I use internet/mobile banking on an iPad, should I use the APP or just log in to regular online banking?
Our mobile banking app is for an iPhone and not iPad, although you can download and use the app on your iPad it is not ideal because it is not fitted for the bigger iPad screen. It can be stretched it to fit the screen but it may becomes fuzzy and distorted. Rather than using the ill fitted app, we recommend using the full version of online banking through the internet browser (most likely safari) on your iPad.
When you go to our website on your iPad it will not redirect you to our mobile website but rather to our traditional full version site. You can log in as you normally would on a desktop and have the same functionality.
Q. When are you getting an iPad app?
At this time there are no plans for an iPad app.
Q. What is the phone number for Mobile Text?
A. The number for mobile text is 89549.
Q. Can I enroll for Mobile Text from my mobile device?
A. No. Enrollment for Mobile Text must be completed within your traditional online banking account.
Q. How do I get information for a specific account?
A. During the enrollment process you must designate a mobile short name for each enrolled account. This short name must be included in the text request to get account specific information.
Q. Can I register one or more phone numbers for Mobile Text?
A. No, only one phone number can be registered per account. If you would like to have Mobile Text for another phone you will need to open a new online banking account.
Q. I have mobile text but do not have my phone with me, can I text from someone else's phone.
A. No, not unless you register that phone number in your online account. Your registered phone number is like your ID and password.
Q. What do I need to do if I get a new phone?
A. If you simply get a new phone but keep the same phone number and provider, no changes on your part are necessary. If you switch providers and/or phone numbers, log in to your online banking account via the Internet and update your information on the Options > Mobile Settings page.
Q. How do I un-enroll for Mobile Text?
A. Un-enrollment can be accomplished one of two ways. You can log in to your traditional online banking account and un-select the enroll option or you can text STOP to 89549.
- Troubleshooting Guide
Issue: On a Samsung Galaxy III, the Mobile Web screen didn't auto-fit to the phone right away and I am not able to see my balances. When I rotate the phone into landscape view and then back to portrait and it adjusted so that everything fit correctly.
Solution: Rotating the phone from portrait view (up & down) to landscape view (sideways) and back to portrait view, causes the screen to auto-fit properly. Also, there are no auto-fit issues if the customer uses the Android App.
Issue: I am not able to log in on my iPhone. I entered my credentials and hit the login button. It takes me back to the blank login page.
Solution: Make sure the "Accept Cookies" option in the mobile browser settings is set to "From Visited" .
Issue: I signed on, and it gave me my list of accounts and balances as it should. I chose the option to make a transfer and it went back to the sign-on screen. I filled it out again and then it did go to the transfer screen.
Solution: If you close mobile banking but don't "log out" of mobile banking properly, the next time you log in it can kick you out when you go to click on some of the other options within mobile banking. The reason is that because you didn't log out correctly the previous time, the system could show you logged in twice and will log you out as soon as you try to do anything. So, if you hit the log out button every time you close mobile banking, hopefully you will not experience this issue anymore. It may also be helpful to clear your cookies and history on your mobile browser.
Issue: I tried to use mobile banking on a Kindle Fire. Scrolling through the transactions and bill payees does not work. Also the Android app is not available for the Kindle Fire.
Solution: This mobile banking product was created for mobile phones. While it can be used on tablets, there is no guarantee that everything will work properly.
Issue: I cannot see the last digit of my account balance because there is a scroll bar in the way.
Solution: The scroll bar is a feature of your phone and cannot be controlled by our mobile banking product. Therefore, we have no way of fixing the issue. In this particular instance the phone was a Motorola Droid, Model #A855. It is possible to change the settings on your phone to remove the scroll bar. Please refer to your phone's user manual for instructions.
- Safety Tips
Tips for safe use of mobile banking:
- Invest in an anti-virus application for your mobile device to help protect you when downloading apps or mobile content.
- Never provide personal identification or banking information over your mobile device unless you initiate the contact and you know that you're dealing directly with your bank.
- Never share your password, account number, PIN and answers to secret questions. Don't save this information anywhere on your phone.
- Never set the app, web or client-text service to automatically log you in to your bank account. If your phone is lost or stolen, someone will have free access to your money.
- Set the phone to require a password to power on the handset or awake it from sleep mode.
- Remember, we will never contact or text message you asking for personal or banking information. Assume any unsolicited text request is fraudulent. Giving this information places your finances and privacy at risk.
- If your phone is lost or stolen immediately log in to your online banking account and disable mobile banking.