Founded in 1890 in the heart of Illinois' Gem City, SSB is Quincy's oldest community bank. Since those first days in the late 1800s, our focus remains the same — to serve Quincy and the surrounding communities. With our rich heritage of banking we continue to give our customers a place they can trust to receive loans, invest funds and keep their money safe.
It's because of our customers that we have grown significantly over the past 120 years. SSB now has four thriving facilities, housing our Trust Department and the Investment Center of Quincy.
In addition to maintaining the same strong values from our historic beginning, we have also preserved the beautiful architecture of the early 1900s with our main bank building. It is definitely one that sparkles in the Gem City of Quincy, and we often notice customers admiring our exquisite ceiling and cornice work. So come in and see it for yourself!
Our continuous growth has been managed successfully by our Board of Directors.
Our current directors are:
- Steve Backlund, Chairman of the Board
- Mike Mahair, President – SSB
- Dennis W. Gorman, Jr., Attorney – Schmeideskamp, Robertson, Neu and Mitchell
- Richard H. Niemann, Jr., President and CEO – Niemann Foods, Inc.
- Richard C. Seifert, Jr., President – Starcrest, Inc.
- Jeffrey G. Spear, President – Hansen-Spear Funeral Home
- Jerry Maas, Partner – Maas Construction